A peel is an skin friendly acid or combination of acids which have a great deal of benefits for your skin, body and face depending on which combination your doctor chooses. At Derma Touch we try to get the best possible results and also keep in mind that we choose acids and the application process where downtime is minimum.
• We cleanse your skin.
• Then a gel/fluid is applied with an applicator and allowed to rest on your skin for some time.
• Later, your skin is again cleansed or neutralised.
• Some peels are applied on your skin and you go home with them, letting them stay on for longer hours.
When used for the skin
• Reduction in Acne and its break outs
• Clear skin
• Glowing skin
• Hydrated skin
• Even toned skin
• Reduction in melasma
• Reduction in tan
• Pigmentation gets lighter
• Lighter complexion, etc.
It depends on the peel – some results are visible instantly and some over a period of time after repeated sittings.
• Water sports should be avoided for the first 48 hours.
• Direct sunlight is to be completely avoided immediately following the treatment and till next 6 days specially between 11 am to 4 pm, including any other sources of strong UV light exposure
• Apply sunscreen with an SPF of 50. Cleanse your face with water or a mild cleanser for next 3 days.
• Gently moisturize your face with a moisturizer, a minimum of 2-3 times a day.
• Do NOT peel, rub or scratch your skin at any time, whatsoever. This will otherwise cause damage and compromise your results as well as lead to possible scarring.
• Redness could be simple sensitivity to the procedure you have had. Please moisturize your skin.
• Stop using all skin care creams including anti-ageing, skin lightening, acne treatment creams for the next two days and let us know of the same.